Is it Fibromyalgia?
[twocol_one]Fibromyalgia is a common and complex disorder that is best managed through an individualized treatment plan. Consider the following tips to help you and your physician discuss your symptoms and create a flexible treatment plan that meets your needs.[/twocol_one] [twocol_one_last]
Understand your symptoms:
- Identify if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Widespread pain
- Not waking refreshed
- Cognitive symptoms, such as difficulty concentrating or thinking
- Record your symptoms (use the 60 Day Action Plan to help keep track):
- Describe what you’re feeling.
- Rate the severity of your symptoms.
- Note how frequently your symptoms occur.
- Record what you’re doing when the symptoms begin.
Analyze your lifestyle:
- Keep track of the medications/therapies you regularly use.
- Document your current exercise routine.
- Note how your symptoms impact your daily life.
- Talk to other people about your symptoms and concerns, including family members who can discuss your family health history.
- Conduct research to learn more about fibromyalgia and the different treatment options available.